Radical Unschoolers Network

the network for radical unschooling families

Hi everyone,
I have a big dilemma right now...

I work on a bank untill Sept.30; then, in Oct. I'll be working on my own so the plan was to get Damián out of school by then ang he was so excited about being with me all the time!!!

BUT now he wants to go to school so I don't know what to do. I honestly think homeschooling would be the best option for us but I don't want to force him. What if I decide to deschool him and he wants to go back to school?

He is 3,5yo now, and this is the best age to take him out of school because the law is not clear since it mentions "compulsory schooling" at the age of 6... So...

Any advice, pleas, please, please????

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some suggestions:

Go slowly. If he's liking school, let that be. Discuss unschooling possibilities, so that he knows he doesn't have to go to school if he decides he would rather stay home. Maybe find local homeschoolers and do something with them so he could see if he likes the other kids, or do things you would like to do with him if you were homeschooling so that he understands that there could be lots of ways to learn about the world without school.

Forcing him home isn't a good idea. Luring him home might be better, but showing him a cool alternative while still supporting his interest in school is the most respectful way to go, I think.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Sarah Sylvester is now a member of Radical Unschoolers Network
5 hours ago
Profile IconVita Andreyo, Kirsten Arbo and Janet Lorene Richardson joined Radical Unschoolers Network
Sunday
Profile IconElizabeth, Tanya Adkins and Shannon Barnes Provost joined Radical Unschoolers Network
Friday
Profile IconAlia Harper and Anne Webb joined Radical Unschoolers Network
Apr 8

Blog Posts

Spring Break- Project a Day

Posted by Kelly Sage on March 16, 2014 at 9:38am 0 Comments

Rescued from public school

Posted by Felicity Elliott on February 26, 2014 at 8:42pm 1 Comment

Chemo Kills

Posted by Sunset on February 4, 2014 at 12:14pm 2 Comments

© 2014   Created by laura bowman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service