Everyone has wobbles I guess- TV, maths, food maybe...
But I was thinking the other day that while there are places I'm wobbly there are also areas I've never had a moments worry about... And maybe if we swap then we'll be able to see that the areas we're concerned about are a source of strength for someone else...
- computer skills: we have an IT business and a house full of them. Sometimes they use them, sometimes not. But I can't imagine them growing up without being pretty proficient- whatever their interests are.
- reading: I read early and with enormous pleasure, but felt very oppressed by the schools attempts to 'teach' me. I resisted with great determination. So I have huge confidence that the best way is to keep well out of it and read to them as required.
- cooking. Though they're not that interested right now, I can't imagine that, with the amount of cooking and eating that goes on in this house, they could grow up without pretty good cooking skills.
My wobbles on the other hand:
- swimming, I never liked it and as we live by the sea I really want them to be confident and safe in the water
- team/other sports- not my bag :) so not sure how to give them those opportunities
- TV, sometimes... No restrictions but it is my big boy's great love ... I think he may want to do something film related as he grows. Just that he is such a private boy that you can't *see* him learning at the best of times so when he's sitting in front of the TV it can be hard to remember why it is good to help him pursue this interest!
Anyone else have thoughts..?