As was posted in the "Got Teens?" Group: Have faith in me; My lack of being taught says little about my ability to learn.
AND: From the Bene Gesserit litany in "Dune" I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
how long have you been unschooling or homeschooling?
• Coffee was made for mornings like this.
• I love all kinds of music, with very few exceptions. (see playlist)
• I love my morning phone calls.
• I crave clever conversation and people who make me laugh.
• I like playing rock band with teenagers (though I am not as good as they are)
• I used to enjoy a nice glass of red wine on a cool evening.
• I think beer only comes in dark colors. All others are pretenders
• I love despair.com and have several tees from them.
• I once thought breakfast meant a beautiful omelet, now it's raw fruit.
• I used to own a king-sized water bed.
• I love to go on long road trips and forget the agenda.
• My kids don't like it when I forget the agenda.
• I have a suspicion that Stephen King uses a paragraph when a word would do.
• I think who you are being right NOW is more important than anything else.
• Every time someone discusses something creative and fun they are doing, I Immediately want to do it too.
• I have won an award in photography.
• I was first chair clarinet in my high school band every year, except my first. It really ticked off the seniors, since my high school was grades 8 - 12.
• I like the trumpet better.
• I'm a drum and bugle corp junkie (dci.org) and go every summer.
• I'm afraid of how powerful I really am.
• I deeply love my kids, even when they are trying my patience.
• It's not their fault I'm low on patience.
• I think Steven Wright is the funniest comedian, ever!
• I believe Bengal Spice is the best flavor of Celestial Seasonings tea. Ironically, it has no tea in it.
• I think "The Usual Suspects" was a brilliant movie, with the greatest plot twist since "The Crying Game"
• I choose the life I have right now, all the time.
So you are in TX drinking Oregon beer! Cool! You can find Chimay at Whole Foods - well at least you could back when I used to go to Whole Foods! You WILL need a drinking buddy for Chimay though - they are large and STRONG! But oh so good!
thanks for answering my question about HDR on Runtographers. I've learned so much from that group!
Oh and I agree with you about beer (from your profile). One of the many great things about living in the NW is that most people (especially brewers) agree, too.
Have you tried Chimay? It is so thick, it is like food - really, really good food! It is considered the champagne of beer, mostly because it is corked, but also because it is so good. I'm not a religious person - but I do appreciate those Belgium Monks!
hmm... my super powers? this could turn into a dangerus conversation, haha. invisibility would have to be one of mine.. and the power to smite people, because who dosent want to say "DONT MAKE ME SMITE YOU!" now what smiting includes as a power i do not know..
not in america, ever notice how much red, white and blue there is out there?? hmm.. that could be a fun power, but slightly noticable. so what about the power to have long conversations bouncing ideas about super-hero/Ninjas?